Were Gone With the Wind and Wizard of Oz the first color movies?

Jay

Were they just the first two popular ones? Who has seen these movies? What's your take on them?

I was curious myself so did a search. Actually it was earlier.
"The first known film to successfully use the Kinemacolor process was A Visit to the Seaside (1908)."
But they say that process required special equipment. Probably extra time & even extra money to produce.
I haven't watched Gone with the Wind nor Wizard of Oz in a very long time but I believe they did a great job in going from the black & white to the colorized version with what they had to work with.

I was curious myself so did a search. Actually it was earlier.
"The first known film to successfully use the Kinemacolor process was A Visit to the Seaside (1908)."
But they say that process required special equipment. Probably extra time & even extra money to produce.
I haven't watched Gone with the Wind nor Wizard of Oz in a very long time but I believe they did a great job in going from the black & white to the colorized version with what they had to work with.
1908? Wow! That was very early. In fact, that seems like when they invented motion pictures, but I'd say it was still way earlier.

Back